< Environmental Policy
In the pursuit of our mission to provide first-rate distribution services and display facilities to the
local tourism and leisure industry, LDS Tourism Services Ltd makes every effort to exploit
resources and technologies that are basically friendly to the environment.
We recognise, however, that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global
environment and we wish to minimize the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and
whenever possible. As a consequence of this, the management is committed to continuous
improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
Environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum
standards of environmental performance. We will therefore implement our policies through a
coordinated environmental management system.
In particular, LDS Tourism Services Ltd will:
- use environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources to meet our needs and will endevour
to invest in improved energy efficiency of the products we use
- seek to address our impact on the environment through the adoption of a sustainable
procurement policy and conserve resources through efficient use and careful planning
- promote recycling and the use of recycled materials, while reducing consumption of materials
- maintain the Company’s vehicles through regular servicing and checks
- dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods
- work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their
products and transportation
- implement our policies through guidelines and training
- set environmental targets and goals designed to improve our environmental performance;
- coordinate route planning and delivery schedules, thereby reducing fuel consumption and
lowering exhaust emissions
- conduct an annual self-evaluation of our performance in implementing these principles and in
complying with all applicable laws and regulations
- disseminate the policy to employees via posters and team meetings
The Board of Directors is committed to the implementation of this policy and will give
full backing to all those authorised to carry it out.
D.M. Bardell-Hedley (Managing Director)
30th April 2008